Houzz Logo Print
lizzierose009

Curtains for guest bedroom

lizzierose009
vor 5 Jahren
Hello! We have recently redecorated our guest bedroom and I’m now on to choosing the soft furnishings!

I am really struggling with curtains though. At the moment we still have our old curtains up but they definitely need changing. We’ve measured for floor-length curtains and we just need to choose the fabric now.

Originally I was thinking a sort of tartan pattern would look nice but I’m struggling to find one with the right colours in it. I thought a block colour might not be interesting enough since it’s on a block coloured wall but then if I hold up a patterned material it looks too busy with the wallpaper.

There is a matching curtain fabric with the wallpaper but I don’t know if that might be too boring, having the same pattern on the wall and the curtain.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kommentare (13)

• lizzierose009
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Also, ignore the cushions on the bed. They will be replaced.
  • minnie101
    vor 5 Jahren

Personally I'd go for Roman blinds hung outside the recess as they won't visually fill the room. I'd go for a stripe, you could stick with blue and white although choosing a fabric with another colour as an accent would be nice and then repeat for cushions.

i might also paint the radiator in the wall colour

• Carolina
    vor 5 Jahren

It's a lovely room. I'd go for Roman blinds too. Stripes or a simple checked pattern, like in the examples below, could work.

You could use the fabric that matches the wallpaper for a cushion cover. I went for blue, but you could pick another colour from the wallpaper to use as an accent (as Minnie mentioned too). I would change the bedding for plain white.

• lizzierose009
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Ah thank you! I hadn’t even considered roman blinds but I think you’re right, it would work well.

When you say change the bedding for plain white, do you mean the dark blue blanket as well or just the white and pink floral duvet sticking out at the top?

Painting the radiator the same colour as the wall is a good idea actually, I hadn’t thought of that either.
  • minnie101
    vor 5 Jahren

I like both of Carolina's choices, they appear to be linen which I'd also go for.

i was looking for a close up of the colours of your wallpaper and came across this ready made moodboard! I also like the idea of a ticking stripe and the sand fabric (on their website it's shown as mustard) is quite nice for cushions.

Forgot to say the room looks lovely and very calm :)

• Sonia
    vor 5 Jahren

Lovely room. Has a nice country vibe. I can’t add much more than the suggestions above, but my first thought was a Roman blind, or curtains, in a plain natural cotton or linen similar to the walls colours? I do think roman blinds look lovely in a simple check too.

• Carolina
    vor 5 Jahren

I meant the pink floral bedding :-) But only if you're going for perfection, I'd change that to white.

• lizzierose009
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you for all your suggestions!

I really like the mood board you found, Minnie! I’ll definitely take inspiration from that.

What do you guys think would be a good accent colour for the room? I want something which complements the coastal/country colour scheme so I was wondering if a deep green would work?
  • lizzierose009
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you for all your suggestions!

I really like the mood board you found, Minnie! I’ll definitely take inspiration from that.

What do guys think would be a good accent colour for the room? I want to stick with the coastal/country colour scheme so I was wondering if a deep green might work?
  • PRO
    Andrea Breuer-Weil Interiors
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

I think you have enough colours currently and the room has a very calming palette - another additional accent colour would detract. Ian Mankin has lots of choices for a Roman Blind fabric that would work for you.

• Sonia
    vor 5 Jahren
    I think your wall colour goes beautifully. Much as I love green I don’t think the room will take it. I love the cushions by the way - they go so well with the wallpaper and walls.
  • lizzierose009
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Andrea, I’ve checked out the Ian Mankin fabrics and they are beautiful! Thank you for suggesting them.

And yes forzaitalia, I think that the squirrel cushion will have to go somewhere else.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.