Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_33367883

Can you cut back Rhododendrons successfully?

User
vor 3 Jahren

I may have posted this before but I cant find it. Our front garden was very overgrown when we got our house but we managed to keep some lovely Rhododendrons. Some of them have thrived since weve given them space to breathe but this one is very leggy. I'm wondering is it possible to chop it back and will it grow again. In places in base of the plant there is a lot of new growth I have pictured which is very healthy looking. Thanks in advance.

Kommentare (2)

• PRO
    Barnes Walker Ltd - Landscape Architects
    vor 3 Jahren

Hi, yes you can. Rhodos do very well with pruning, you can either clear the stems and leave foliage just in the top thirds - this looks quite architectural. Or, you can hard prune and they sprout from the old branches. We've taken 200 year old Rhodos down to approx 30cm and they have flourished.

• User
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 3 Jahren

Thanks. I took the plunge and they started looking lovely already

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.