Houzz Logo Print
kkropat

How do you organize your books?

We just finished a little weekend project in our Berlin home… organizing our books by color. We did this once before in our San Diego home and I was excited to do it again. With such a tall bookcase (~10ft / 3m high) it can overwhelm a room. I like color coordinating the books to give the wall visual order. But most of all, color makes me happy and I love walking into the room and seeing the blocks of color on the wall.

I know a lot of people don’t like organizing their books by color and prefer to organize them by subject or alphabetically. I agree that it makes sense to keep some books together, for example, have all the cookbooks in one section and organize that section in a gradient from light to dark. However, in general, it amazes me how quickly we remember what color a book is and therefore know right where to find it.

Colorful Mid Century Modern Residence · Mehr Info

Kommentare (2)

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.