Houzz Logo Print
petape13

Bedroom Layout - Closet Placement

petape13
vor 3 Jahren
zuletzt bearbeitet:vor 3 Jahren

I am trying to come up with the best built-in closet positions in a couple of bedrooms. This is for a new build/construction project. Currently, as shown on the diagrams below, the closets are positioned next to the entry doors. I am afraid these closet positions would create a "tunnel effect" but I can't come up with better options. Any ideas?

Room Dimensions: 18x14ft

Room Dimensions: 18x11ft

Thanks!

Kommentare (3)

• PRO
    Doug Walter Architect
    vor 3 Jahren

The "tunnel effect" can be alleviated by pulling the closet wall back 12" from the door so it doesn't crowd you. It's actually a good location, it creates more of a foyer effect than tunnel! And it helps soundproof bedroom from hall beyond.

petape13 hat Doug Walter Architect gedankt
  • Felix Pradas-Bergnes
    vor 3 Jahren

This arrangement makes better use of the space. I included two nightstands, one bench, and one reading or dressing chair. I hope his helps.

• Peter Barnard
    vor 3 Jahren

The entrance “tunnel” is super useful. It cuts sound, minimizes sight lines when the door is open, and creates a sense of transition between the the main portion of your house and your bedroom. I agree with the suggestion to shift the bed to the outer wall. Walking all the way around the bed to get to the bathroom will get tiresome, and I don’t like having a window at the foot of the bed.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.