Houzz Logo Print
ahmbdiryh

wooden floor paint colour dilemma

ahmbdiryh
vor 2 Jahren

Cottage landing walls and woodwork in F&B Green Smoke ....leading to a bedroom in F&B Setting Plaster and Inchyra woodwork .....another bedroom in a light neutral . What colour should I paint the wooden floors leading from the landing into all the bedrooms ? Thanks for any ideas

Kommentare (4)

• PRO
    Ellen Utley Interiors
    vor 2 Jahren

How practical would you like it? White is fresh and shows when it needs cleaning, goes with all colours. A light grey would be more practical yet more masculine. If you would like to go crazy a bright colour would be pretty practical too. Need to know more about your brief but my advice is that a medium colour is more practical on the floor yet I went for white to brighten the space and feel clean

• ahmbdiryh
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 2 Jahren

Thank you very much for your advice . I painted the floors Little Green Slaked Lime 105 ....a nice white but still wonder if it’s right . I’ve attached some photos of the landing leading into a bedroom . It’s a small Victorian cottage . Thanks again for your thoughts

• PRO
    Ellen Utley Interiors
    vor 2 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 2 Jahren

It is a bit dark and ofcourse the effect is different by photograph but colours look wonderful to me. If you are not quite sure the answer may lie in the other elements of design:

Space, Objects, Form, Texture, Lighting, Furniture, Colour.

E.g. the pictures on the walls may be better balanced placed closer together in line with the headboard, you may want to see where you are going better with ambient lighting, the shapes of furniture and objects may need to tie more... I would not know without doing the research and the work but hope that helps.

• ahmbdiryh
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 2 Jahren

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my dilemma. Your thoughts are very inspiring and I will look to adding and balancing the pictures closer together and reflecting on the other elements . Very much appreciated x

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.