Houzz Logo Print
sbuckleyrn

Raised beds higher?

sbuckleyrn
vor 10 Jahren
Can the raised beds be customized to be even higher? I have very arthritic knees which makes gardening (my favorite pastime!!) more challenging now... Hope so!
South Salem NY Residential · Mehr Info

Kommentare (4)

• PRO
    Teich Gardens
    vor 10 Jahren
    Yes. Because we custom build our garden systems on site (we're often asked if they come in kits) we are able to make the beds as high as you like. Attached is a photo of a garden system that has beds 12, 18 & 24 inches high
  • PRO
    Steve Masley Consulting and Design
    vor 10 Jahren
    When I do raised beds for clients, I always specify a minimum height of 22", with a 6" lip around the rim, so you have a place to sit and set tools or harvest baskets. Beds should also be no wider than 3' 6" (42") to reduce back strain when tending the garden. Contractors always want to do 4' beds, but the extra 6" produces back strain when tending the middle of the bed, especially if you're under 6' tall.
  • PRO
    Teich Gardens
    vor 10 Jahren
    Thanks Steve! I like that keyhole design! Very smart looking garden!
  • PRO
    Steve Masley Consulting and Design
    vor 10 Jahren
    Thanks. It's surprising how much produce you can get from a 7' x 8' bed like this.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.