Houzz Logo Print
lipikadash

Are styles a clash? Exotic Nacarado - White flat panel Cabinets.

lipikadash
vor 10 Jahren
Here's more pictures Stone plus cabinets
We love it, but is the combination more a powder room.....

Kommentare (19)

• PRO
    INTERIORS BY G
    vor 10 Jahren
    Personally this would not be a combination that I would select. For me it's not so much the color pallet that I'm having an issue with. It's the graining in both the stone and the cabinet doors (in the last photo). If you love the stone, I would pick a non-grained cabinet door (smooth) in a slightly darker stain.
  • Darzy
    vor 10 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 10 Jahren
    I'm no PRO and INTERIORS BY G is probably right but I have to admit I really like the two together. At least the grain is going in the same horizontal direction. This could either be fabulous or "what was I thinking". :) Maybe it would be worth buying a small remnant to test out on the cabinets in place before getting the whole slab.
  • Darzy
    vor 10 Jahren
    I'll be interested to see what my fellow Houzzer buddys think!
  • studio10001
    vor 10 Jahren
    This buddy likes the drama of the idea, but thinks there needs to be some barrier/border outline for better definition between two such energetic finishes. I think your inclination to give it space is a good one, if that helps w the kitchen vs. pwdr room query.
  • m3459
    vor 10 Jahren
    I understand the point made by Interiors by G, but I honestly think the grain in the wood and the movement in the granite are such that it will be stunning when it is done. I don't know why, perhaps it is the different organic between wood and stone.
  • studio10001
    vor 10 Jahren
    That said, energetic patterns can be tempered by their surroundings, and I am all for using what you love. If you place this in the kitchen, you could place this on an island without grain as a focal piece. if you use it all about, I would suggest saturated colour on the walls, and the simplest of patternless floors. I would also take a piece to a tile showroom for backsplash suggestions - sometimes the best balance for pattern involves more pattern, but scale will be important, and that is difficult to determine from photos.
  • studio10001
    vor 10 Jahren
    I keep staring at the handles. That may be a way to get some more definition.
  • User
    vor 10 Jahren
    I like it. Looks like a tailored Chanel suit. I know what people are saying about the similar colors washing out potentially but given what I can see in the photos it has class.
  • dclostboy
    vor 10 Jahren
    Even with the live slab, I'm afraid it will just blend into beige with the cabinet color.
  • Darzy
    vor 10 Jahren
    Yeah! I'm glad someone else thinks it could be stunning. The grain in the cabinets do not have a lot of contrast so the "exaggerated grain" in the stone counter may be beautiful together. studio10001 makes a good point about the scale determination.
  • studio10001
    vor 10 Jahren
    I'm looking at it on twin screens, and if the colours here are accurate, it is definitely not a washout! What if we assume, for creativity's sake, that this pairing is a done deal - anyone have other ideas that might make it more successful?
  • armygirl1987
    vor 10 Jahren
    Studio1001-please check the metro thread. I posted pics for you. Will delete shortly.
  • m3459
    vor 10 Jahren
    Great catch, studio10001!! The dark vein in the granite needs a partner and your hardware choice is it!
  • studio10001
    vor 10 Jahren
    That is nice of you, m3459. I wonder if our OP is finding anything useful in their determination?
  • lipikadash
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 10 Jahren
    Thank you, so so so much, All! The Cabinets are already in, by the way -The pictures are live work in progress.
    For Scale and layout- The light wood grain finish is on an island in the centre - 10 ft by 5 ft with cooktops and a huge Island off-white hood on top.
    The off-White cabinets are along the two side walls apprx 5 ft away on either side of Island...We think this stone might over power the subtlety of cabinets, but because it is laying horizontal, perhaps not that dramatic?
    Also we would trim the lower right red corner of stone, use just the "flowy" upper parts...
  • studio10001
    vor 10 Jahren
    I'm glad you mentioned two cabs., as I assumed one was a closeup detail of the other. Would you consider using this on the wall cabs. w a solid top for the island, or do you have another idea for it?
  • User
    vor 10 Jahren
    I'm with Darzy. As long as the undertone of both the cabinet and the counter are the same color and the tones are compatible, it could be fabulously subtle and classy. Would bring a sample of the cabinet to the stone yard to check out the colors together to ensure they are compatible.
  • PRO
    Seaside Construction - Custom Home Builder
    vor 8 Jahren

What was the outcome?

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.