Houzz Logo Print
gyadi

Dead space

N MA
vor 9 Jahren
What should I do with this dead space in the foreground? Add seating?

Kommentare (12)

• amor320
    vor 9 Jahren
    Could always do a buffet/sofa table under the picture and two accent chairs on the other wall across. Just a thought to get ideas rolling.
    N MA hat amor320 gedankt
  • PRO
    Clark & Barlow Decorative Hardware
    vor 9 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 9 Jahren
    Yes, absolutely. But the red and brown carpeting is a visual divider for the space so the two chairs should be accent chairs that are similar to the style of the couch but maybe a different color.
    N MA hat Clark & Barlow Decorative Hardware gedankt
  • PRO
    Clark & Barlow Decorative Hardware
    vor 9 Jahren
    What about a desk and bookcases on the empty wall and a sofa table across from it under the mirror?
    N MA hat Clark & Barlow Decorative Hardware gedankt
  • Rita Patrick
    vor 9 Jahren
    Could you make it the dining area and use the area where the table is as an entrance area? Maybe put bench back for purses, backpacks near the door beyond table?
    N MA hat Rita Patrick gedankt
  • amor320
    vor 9 Jahren
    Yes, exactly!.....Clark&Barlow.
    N MA hat amor320 gedankt
  • zweiback
    vor 9 Jahren
    Bookcases - for books and display!
    N MA hat zweiback gedankt
  • WishICouldAffordThat
    vor 9 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 9 Jahren
    I might consider a beautiful, unusual light fixture for the blank wall. Something like a pierced copper that casts wonderful shadows on the wall. It's like sculpture, with light. Here is an example: http://luminarioscl.com/
    N MA hat WishICouldAffordThat gedankt
  • Momof5x
    vor 9 Jahren
    You can do several things:

1. Make a small dining area. like round glass table and chairs and a mirror on the wall and small buffet for serving and storing glasses etc.. easy access for guests too.

2. Add a slim console table and mirror and a couple of chairs and small table-quite sitting area for reading.

3. Add a home office and a small book case.
    N MA hat Momof5x gedankt
  • zweiback
    vor 9 Jahren
    This seems like a hallway/passthrough between a tiny living room and the kitchen? Table and chairs seem an unlikely choice… as do reading chairs. It might help everyone to see a floor plan...
    N MA hat zweiback gedankt
  • Krishna C.
    vor 9 Jahren
    I think empty hallways just calls out for bookcases! They're so versatile. You could use them as bar stations for entertaining or just additional storage!
  • N MA
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 9 Jahren
    Thank you all for taking the time to look at my question and answer with so many wonderful ideas.

We did try putting the table and chairs there, as it was designed to be the dining area, but it was claustrophobically small! I will include a floor plan so you can see.

I love the idea of a mirror! Which side would that look better on? Would the other side look better with a tall bookcase or one that is not overbearing. I am just so scared I buy something and it makes the place look even smaller!

Thank you.
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.