Houzz Logo Print
oskuee

Looking for Shower timers

KK1000
vor 5 Jahren
Does anyone know if there are Shower timers ? Something that would turn it off or maybe just turn off hot water so my teenagers have to stop showering. I am tired of banging on the door and listening to my husband complaining. I am looking for something simple not a whole house automation.

Kommentare (19)

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    vor 5 Jahren

There is a device available in the US called a Shower Manager, but I don't know if it is available in Australia, or how good it is.

http://www.showermanager.com/conservation-store/shower-timer-home.shtml

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• KK1000
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thanks, I new I could count on you .
  • lynleigh_glass
    vor 5 Jahren
    They have a waitlisted of 8weeks. As I type I am listening to my teen take a ridiculously long time in the shower.
  • Sara Graham
    vor 5 Jahren
    I don’t have an answer but I feel your pain.
  • Sara Graham
    vor 5 Jahren
    This made me curious. Here are a couple of other alternatives to the Shower Manger Mentioned by Dr Retro. These are both more expensive, and a bit more brutal in that they cut off the hot water rather than just restricting the flow. Unfortunately it seems that the Shower Manager doesn’t work with shower heads with a restrictor (which is most Australian showers on the market these days).

http://www.showerguard.com.au/store/

https://www.showertimer.com.au/
  • siriuskey
    vor 5 Jahren

That works Nik, others in our house turn on the cold water tap so that the water is too hot to stay under

• PRO
    Acubuildnsw
    vor 5 Jahren

you could just simply go out to your hot water system and cut the water supply.

cheap and easy way to resolve your problem.

• bigreader
    vor 5 Jahren
    Short term solution. Buy a $4 timer at Kmart. Once the timer goes off open the door wide. You can add incentive by walking in singing something like Bonnie Tyler.
  • bigreader
    vor 5 Jahren
    Second view. I absolutely love long hot showers. I find that they are stress releasing. Being a teenager is tough. Unless it’s stopping others having hot water or using the bathroom, I’d leave them and wear the cost.
  • kiwimills
    vor 5 Jahren

nar....threaten them with unlocking the door with a nail file and walking in. Tell them you will knock once and if it doesn't stop in 5 seconds..you is coming in with a video camera...

they can then deal with even more stress!!

• KK1000
    Ursprünglicher Verfasser
    vor 5 Jahren
    Thank you all for your contribution I had a really good laugh, I have tried some of the techniques described but 20 y old boys are resilient, but not as much as their mother LOL, I find comfort in knowing that one day they will be parents as well... ..
  • kiwimills
    vor 5 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 5 Jahren

Oh I have 28,22,20 boys...then 2 teenage girls.

The boys will shower in cold, so best to turn water totally off

However...tell them u will hide their charger if they r not out when your timer goes

They have tenten minutes, get showering !!

• kiwimills
    vor 5 Jahren

10...not 2x10!

• Ruth BT
    vor 5 Jahren
    You realise that shower time for teens is special time?!!
  • PRO
    Wild Bear & Co Hervey Bay
    vor 5 Jahren
    Shower time for teens is special time?! Lol! I don’t know what rock I’ve been living under but evidently it’s overgrown with moss! It’s become special time for me now at the ripe old age of almost 41... and not for the same reasons as teens lol..because I finally get to shower on my own - with no kids - and shave my legs in peace ... now that’s true me time ... the only 10 mins I get once a week!! I might find a hair stimulator so the leg hair grows faster & I can shave more frequently to enjoy more me time... and god help anyone who touches the hot or cold tap to rush me out of my own shower hehe
  • Houzz-Nutzer 963368195
    vor 3 Jahren

Electronic Shower Timers are still available, at www.showertimers.com.au and have helped solve water abuse from teenagers, backpackers, hostels, caravan parks, and the like

• Houzz-Nutzer 229980505
    vor 3 Jahren

You should look at the Hydrao Showers - they are great and have taught my kids to reduce their shower time. Power and water bills are much happier now! https://greenspecifier.com.au/plumbing/hydrao/

• Houzz-Nutzer 928352573
    letztes Jahr

try the shower wizard . I like it, I own it. Look me up.

jim.

Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.