Houzz Logo Print
buckleup2000

Christmas Poll: LOVE or LOATHE? Carols

Luke Buckle
vor 8 Jahren

Could be sacrilegious to ask this, but are you fan of Christmas Carols?

Carollers still wander the streets in some areas and certainly bring joy to many people in countries around the world. But the same songs, over and over, can become incessant.

Perhaps there are some songs, like Jingle Bells, or Mariah Carey's Christmas Album on repeat, that aren't making the shopping battle any easier.

Share your passive aggressive views in the comments!

Holiday Star Luminaria Kit · Mehr Info

LOVE - Joy to the world!
LOATHE - Scrooge says hi
Other (share in the comments)

Kommentare (10)

• PRO
    LOVEDECORATELETTERS
    vor 8 Jahren

Some songs do become a bit nauseating, particularly if the christmas song is being played flat out from October.. However Christmas music and carols are generally beautiful pieces of music and sentiments (I'm thinking more Handel's Messiah than Rudolph the Red Nosed...) and make me feel instantly festive and thankful for the Christmas season! :-)

• LouieT
    vor 8 Jahren

Only once a year, thanks for asking!

• Sharon Bouchard
    vor 8 Jahren

So not a big fan @Louie T?

I do find the supermarkets playing them, followed by their own cheery ads, a bit too much at times.

• LouieT
    vor 8 Jahren

Agree, they must think it will put us in the mood for more impulse purchases.

For me they make me want to leave in a hurry!

We do sometimes watch the carols on Christmas Eve whichever one is televised (Sydney?) while we put up the tree.

• telperien
    vor 8 Jahren
    The one that makes me want to attack the sound system with sharp implements is Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas" - to me this is the dreariest and most miserable Christmas song of all.
    I love listening to the Carols from King's College Cambridge, which is usually on Aunty ABC at some time on Christmas Day.
    And I'm such a sentimental softie, I just adore "The Little Drummer Boy"!
  • User
    vor 8 Jahren

Melbourne Myer Music Bowl,and yes, Kings College Cambridge, are the nicest carols I normally watch. If you've got a decent voice, join a choir, they are alot of fun!! There are church and secular ones, all are fun. We are putting a few carols in the yearbook, some a bit unusual!

• 7weed1
    vor 8 Jahren
    Zuletzt geändert: vor 8 Jahren

I love the singalong around the piano on Christmas day.

Amen to Carols from Kings, Tele. Amen, also, to "the Little Drummer Boy".

Pah rum pa pum, pa pa pa pum, pa pa pum, me and my drum.....

Oh my! It turns out I love Christmas Carols. I had no idea. :-))

• dreamhomechicc
    vor 8 Jahren

It looks so fun! I live in New Zealand and it's not a "thing" here so I've never seen it sadly.

• telperien
    vor 7 Jahren
    Does that mean you don't have carols playing endlessly in the supermarkets from October?! I always knew Kiwis were more sensible than a lot of Aussies!
Deutschland
Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen

Houzz nutzt Cookies und ähnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. Indem Sie auf „Annehmen“ klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu. Erfahren Sie hierzu mehr in der Houzz Cookie-Richtlinie. Sie können nicht notwendige Cookies über „Alle ablehnen“ oder „Einstellungen verwalten“ ablehnen.