Houzz Logo Print
webuser_771377330

Installing Low E Windows

So I’m just learning that low E windows can cause my walls to turn green. Are there others here who have experienced this as well? Apparently I don’t have a choice to not get low e. I already have lots of trees outside that reflect green in so I’m worried about installing new Marvin windows that will exacerbate this issue. My walls are all off white so it’s even worse for reflection. Help! What do I do?

Kommentare (9)

  • vor 3 Jahren

    First, find out what your choices are and return and we will give the options. The two best choices are either low iron (special order) or a 180 low e but SHGC may not be sufficient for your needs. Sounds like these are replacements not a new build? Also, ask dealer what your options are. They should be a good source.

  • vor 3 Jahren

    "LoE" has several coating levels. There is LoE-180, LoE-272 (standard on Marvin windows, and optimal for most North American homes), LoE-270 (similar to LoE-272 with slightly more solar control and slightly less light transmittance), and LoE-366 (for areas like Arizona, New Mexico, and similar).

    What part of the country are you? The only time I hear of a LoE coating causing a greenish cast is the LoE-366 level. LoE-272 will not cause that issue. LoE-180 is not standard and will have an upcharge.

    Houzz-Nutzer 771377330 hat M Miller gedankt
  • vor 3 Jahren

    I am in Pennsylvania. So i wont have to worry about the green cast?

  • vor 3 Jahren

    What Low-E coating are you being quoted on? All Low-E's will give a hue of some sort and degree.

  • vor 3 Jahren

    @millworkman they told low e 2 is what i will get.

  • vor 3 Jahren

    We have lowE glass in all of our many and large windows and never noticed a green cast. They have special cleaning instructions though so make sure you follow…. Our windows are Pella installed 29 years ago.

  • PRO
    vor 3 Jahren

    The numbers equal the number of Low-E coatings. Low-E1 has one coating and would have less hue. Marvin reccomends this for Northern climate.

  • PRO
    vor 3 Jahren

    Low-e 2, depending on the supplier, would be correct for your climate and the vast majority of homes in this region. FYI...float glass has a green hue to it even before Low-e addition.

  • PRO
    vor 3 Jahren

    If you are concerned, I would get a sample of the glass and make sure it is to your tolerance.

Gesponsert

Laden Sie die Seite neu, um diese Anzeige nicht mehr zu sehen